Friday, June 24, 2011

Hola todos!  Just a quick update before I leave for the weekend...

Teaching at school is still good, although sometimes frustrating.  Now that my time here is nearing an end, I'm starting to get sad when I think about the things and people that I'll miss when I leave!  So I'll try to soak everything in while I can with the time I have left.

Wednesday at school was really fun because they had a soccer tournament.  We all walked over to a gym a couple blocks away, and they played several games, like 1st grade vs. 2nd grade, 3rd grade vs. 4th grade, etc.  It was fun to watch because I knew the kids playing and it was cute seeing how excited they were.

Thursday they had a concert at the school.  There were 2 guys playing trumpets and I think some students played music too but I didn't get to see all of it cause I had to leave.  But I heard the students practicing before the concert and they played "Wake Me Up When September Ends" by Green Day...it was actually pretty good haha but they played it for the longest time...it was like an hour long song, but not too bad!

We're leaving tomorrow (Saturday) for Tortuguero, and will probably stay til Monday.  Hopefully we'll see some turtles!  I'll let you all know how it goes next week...

See you all in exactly 2 weeks from tomorrow!
Pura vida :)

1 comment:

  1. if you cant manage to get me a monkey i can settle for a turtle... but try really hard for monkey, turtle probably cant steal for me

    ReplyDelete